Labor & Delivery
Welcome your baby how you’ve always wanted, in the comfort and safety of the region’s premier maternity center.
Delivering Your Baby at Bellevue Woman’s Center
From the moment you arrive until the time you take your baby home, our highly skilled and experienced staff is here to support you. The obstetric program at Bellevue is one of the largest in Northeastern New York, delivering more than 2,600 babies each year!
Delivering exceptional maternity experiences is just what we do!
The Comfort of Advanced Medical Care
We hope you never learn just how skilled our team is—but if you must, you’ll be glad to have us. From on-site board-certified anesthesiologists and neonatologists to an advanced Special Care Nursery (NICU), Bellevue brings the best in advanced medical care to a community hospital setting. Here are just a few reasons mom trust Bellevue:
- The OB Hospitalists program brings an experienced, first-of-its-kind team of board-certified obstetricians to Bellevue. On-site 24/7, Bellevue Hospitalists act as an extra set of skilled hands to deliver your baby if your doctor can’t be present or for any emergencies that may arise.
- Expert Labor and Delivery Nurses, many of whom have specialized certifications in Obstetric Nursing and are CPR and NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation) certified.
- Neonatologists, Anesthesiologists, and Respiratory Therapists nearby or on-premises 24/7 to respond to emergencies.
- High-risk pregnancy support. Led by Dr. Franz Margono, Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists offer a higher level of care – from conception to birth – for complex medical and fetal conditions to better support mom and baby.
- Bellevue’s Level II Special Care Nursery is one of only three in northeastern New York that provides these specialized services for infants over 30 weeks gestation in need of non-surgical medical intervention and care. This nursery features advanced technology and is staffed by board-certified neonatologists who are available 24 hours a day. Learn more about our Special Care Nursery.
With the Support To Deliver Your Way
We encourage new moms to personalize their birth experience to their wants and needs as much as medically possible. That means everything from telling us who you want in the room to the music you want to be playing to helping us understand the comfort measures you want us to take on your behalf.
Families at Bellevue deliver in comfortable Labor & Delivery suites, located in our renovated maternity center to offer you a warm, welcoming environment for mother and baby. Labor and delivery hospitalists are on-call 24/7 to assist in your delivery, with specialized services available nearby.
As the region’s only hospital dedicated to moms and babies, we understand this is your birth experience and we are here to help you deliver in the best possible way.
Here are just some of the options and suggestions available to laboring woman:
- VBAC Delivery
- Cesarean Section
- IV methods
- Nitrus Oxide
- Labor ball
- Labor support person(s)
- Reduce noise levels
- Movement during labor
- Water therapy
Once your baby is born, you’ll recover together. Should you wish to breastfeed, board-certified lactation consultants are available for you before, during, and after your stay with us.